This sweet potato, avocado and chickpea salad with warming spices is perfect as a lunch, side dish or light dinner!
This gorgeous salad is great for lunch on its own and as a side dish for dinner – with lots of vitamins and nutrients as an added bonus.
Eating more vegetables is the most important step to a gut friendly diet.
I don’t use specific measurements for this salad; it’s very versatile and you can adapt to what’s in the fridge and what you fancy that day!
- Bulgur – prepare according to pack instructions; for extra flavour, add a stock cubes
- Transfer the cooked bulgur to a serving bowl
- In a pan, medium heat (use same pan for all three steps below):
- Sunflower seeds: fry until golden with salt and a drizzle of olive oil – remove from pan and place in separate small bowl (to sprinkle on top before serving)
- Chick peas: drain and place in pan, sprinkle with cumin, salt and a drizzle of olive oil – remove and place in serving bowl
- Sweet potatoes: peel and cut into small cubes, fry with chili, salt a drizzle of olive oil, until soft, approx. 15 min – remove and place in the serving bowl
- Lettuce, finely chopped – place in serving bowl
- Avocado, sliced or diced – place in serving bowl
- Toppings: Crème fraiche or sour cream and fresh thyme leaves plus sprinkle with the roasted sunflower seeds
More recipes and posts you might like:
The surprising link between your microbiome and mood Did you know there is a close connection between your gut microbiome and your mood? It turns out that the secrets to your emotional well-being may well lie within your microbiome. The microbiome refers to the trillions of microorganisms that live in and on your body, including…
Your questions answered about the human skin microbiome Welcome to our health blog where we dive deep into the fascinating world of the human skin microbiome! Have you ever pondered why your skin behaves the way it does? Or perhaps you’re curious about the role of the skin microbiome in conditions like acne, eczema, or…
Right away in the west of Ireland lies a tiny hamlet called Kraighten. It is situated, alone, at the base of a low hill.
Gut healthy blueberry kefir smoothie with banana
Discover the benefit of kefir milk Plus 9 top kefir brands We’ve enjoyed the benefit of kefir milk for centuries. But kefir’s recent rise to fame is likely linked to our growing interest in gut health. Because we now know that gut health is essential for both physical and mental well-being. If you don’t want…
What a skin microbiome test kit revealed about my best skincare routine Following years of trial and error to find the best skincare routine for my acne and rosacea-prone skin, I was so happy to discover that a skin microbiome test kit could unlock the secrets of my skin, and potentially my best skincare routine.…