Creamy mushroom sauce, served with gnocchi and salad
This creamy plant-based dish is comfort food at its best.
It’s on the table in less than 30 minutes plus eating more plants is good for gut health.
Now that sounds like a win win!
- 200-250 gram mushrooms / champignon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp good butter
- Splash of vegetable oil
- 2.5 dl cream, dairy or plant based (do not use low fat because the sauce will separate)
- Ca. 0.5 dl water
- 1 tbsp dried parsley – fresh is also good
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stock cube
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Fresh gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped
- Heat the butter in a deep frying pan
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they’re golden and the juices dry up; remove from pan
- Add a little cooking oil, then the shallots and garlic and stir until softened
- Return the mushrooms to the pan
- Add cream, stock cube, garlic powder and parsley
- Season with salt and pepper
- Simmer on low heat until the sauce thickens a little, add the gnocchi and let them warm up gently for a few minutes
Serve with grated parmesan cheese and the finely chopped herbs.
Adding a salad further ups your plant points.
Yum yum yum!
Other recipes you might like:
The surprising link between your microbiome and mood Did you know there is a close connection between your gut microbiome and your mood? It turns out that the secrets to your emotional well-being may well lie within your microbiome. The microbiome refers to the trillions of microorganisms that live in and on your body, including…
Your questions answered about the human skin microbiome Welcome to our health blog where we dive deep into the fascinating world of the human skin microbiome! Have you ever pondered why your skin behaves the way it does? Or perhaps you’re curious about the role of the skin microbiome in conditions like acne, eczema, or…
Right away in the west of Ireland lies a tiny hamlet called Kraighten. It is situated, alone, at the base of a low hill.
Gut healthy blueberry kefir smoothie with banana
Discover the benefit of kefir milk Plus 9 top kefir brands We’ve enjoyed the benefit of kefir milk for centuries. But kefir’s recent rise to fame is likely linked to our growing interest in gut health. Because we now know that gut health is essential for both physical and mental well-being. If you don’t want…
What a skin microbiome test kit revealed about my best skincare routine Following years of trial and error to find the best skincare routine for my acne and rosacea-prone skin, I was so happy to discover that a skin microbiome test kit could unlock the secrets of my skin, and potentially my best skincare routine.…
Probiotics for sleep: 3 tried-and-tested probiotics for better sleep Are you curious about probiotics and their impact on sleep? I know I was! Because research suggests that the trillions of microbes in our gut – called the gut microbiome – can influence sleep patterns and sleep quality, as well as general health. As a result,…
Did you know that what you eat can boost your mood? Check out which foods to choose for a happier you.