Roasted tomato sauce with basil
Trust me, you only need this one tomato sauce recipe. Tomatoes have anti-inflammatory properties and rank high on the list of gut healthy foods.
- 1 kg cherry tomatoes (approximate is fine)
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper (it is strong!)
- Good olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Balsamico, 1 tbsp
- Approx. 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Maldon salt, a pinch
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves
- Herbes des Provence, 1 tbsp
- Mix cherry tomatoes and brown sugar, Cayenne pepper, Herbes des Provence, balsamico, salt and olive oil in an oven proof dish
- Place the dish in a cold oven and turn heat to 250 degrees Celsius
- When the oven reaches 250 turn it off and leave the pot inside without opening the door (last part is important to trap heat and moisture)
- Leave for at least 2 hours. Or start in the morning and remove from oven when you come home from work
- Place in a bowl or jar and add the fresh basil leaves
- Use a handheld or regular blender and mix into a smooth sauce
- Blend less to get more texture in the sauce, if you prefer.
Other recipes and posts you might enjoy
The surprising link between your microbiome and mood Did you know there is a close connection between your gut microbiome and your mood? It turns out that the secrets to your emotional well-being may well lie within your microbiome. The microbiome refers to the trillions of microorganisms that live in and on your body, including…
Right away in the west of Ireland lies a tiny hamlet called Kraighten. It is situated, alone, at the base of a low hill.
Gut healthy blueberry kefir smoothie with banana
Discover 9 of the best kefir brands Plus the benefit of kefir milk We’ve enjoyed the benefit of kefir milk for centuries. But kefir’s recent rise to fame is likely linked to our growing interest in gut health. Because we now know that gut health is essential for both physical and mental well-being. If you…
What a skin microbiome test kit revealed about my best skincare routine Following years of trial and error to find the best skincare routine for my acne and rosacea-prone skin, I was so happy to discover that a skin microbiome test kit could unlock the secrets of my skin, and potentially my best skincare routine.…
Probiotics for sleep: 3 tried-and-tested probiotics for better sleep Are you curious about probiotics and their impact on sleep? I know I was! Because research suggests that the trillions of microbes in our gut – called the gut microbiome – can influence sleep patterns and sleep quality, as well as general health. As a result,…